I love lemons. I use them in my green cleaning to bleach, disinfect, and remove hard water stains and soap scum. I also use them to enhance my health and well being as noted in my “Zest Up Your Wellness Routine with Lemon Water” blog post. But one of my favorite ways to use them is in fresh, all-natural spa and beauty treatments!
Check out these five bright ideas that will leave you feeling beautiful and uplifted for just pennies!:
- Add Natural Highlights to Your Hair. If you seek to brighten your locks naturally, just squeeze a little lemon juice on your hair and comb through. Or, add some juice and water to a spray bottle and selectively spray strands of hair. Enjoy some time in the sun and over time you’ll notice sun kissed hair! Just be sure to follow up with a good rinsing and a moisturizing hair treatment.
- Tone Your Skin. Lemons are a natural astringent, so adding some lemon juice to distilled water and using it as a toner will naturally cleanse the skin and help remove excess sebum and dirt. Apply with a cotton pad or ball. Store in the refrigerator and use within a couple of days.
- Cleanse Your Skin. Lemon zest mixed with a combination of ground oatmeal, almond meal, corn meal, and milk powder makes a great scrub for oily, acne-prone skin. To use, place a little in your palm and moisten with water. Apply to damp skin, gently scrub in using a circular motion, and rinse well.
- Zest Up Your Bath. Indulge your senses with a zesty bath of fresh lemon peels and garden herbs, such as rosemary, sage, and basil. Simply place the herbs in an old stocking and tie it under the spout while the water runs. Then drop the stocking in the tub. Add some organic, raw honey to the tub to moisturize dry skin.
- Renew Your Skin. Get skin as a smooth as a baby’s with an exfoliating body scrub made with lemon zest, raw turbinado sugar, and a skin-loving organic oil, such as olive, sunflower, or almond oil. Apply to moist skin in the shower starting with the feet and working your way up. (Use a bath mat to avoid slipping.) Rinse well.
Other Articles on Natural Beauty Treatments You May Like:
- Revitalizing Himalayan Pink Salt Rose Bath Recipe
- Organic Lavender Body Scrub Recipe
- Pumpkin Beauty Spa Treatments You Can Make for Pennies
- Warming Winter Ginger Bath: Sleep Better & Fight Off Colds
- Detoxifying Mustard Bath: Soothe Muscles, Boost Immunity, & More
Copyright © Karen Peltier and Well Gal, 2013 – 2014. All rights reserved.
Photo © Karen Peltier