Try this great warm and zesty bath at the onset of a cold. It will help you quickly recover, so you start feeling better in no time! Plus, it’s a fantastic relaxing bath to take before going to bed.
Makes 8 oz. – Enough for two baths
Blend all ingredients together and store in a PET or glass jar.
How does it work?
Ginger’s warming and diaphoretic qualities raise you body temperature and make you sweat. This helps kill germs, stimulate white blood cell production, and eliminate toxins through the skin. The baking soda helps soften the water and adjust the pH of the water, which is especially important if you have hard water. The Epsom salts magnesium content relieves sore, achy muscles, and the Dead Sea salts are full of vital minerals. Also, bathing helps increase blood circulation and cell oxygenation.
How do you use it?
Add 4 oz. to a very warm bath and soak for 20 – 30 minutes. Sip hot ginger tea (see link to recipe below) while taking this bath for added benefit. Afterwards, bundle up well to accelerate the warming action of the ginger. Stay hydrated.
If you have any illnesses or diseases or are pregnant, consult with your physician before using this herbal treatment.
Other DIY Spa Baths You May Be Interested In:
- Decadent Rose Milk Bath
- Remineralizing Spa Bath with Dead Sea Salt
- Revitalizing Himalayan Pink Salt Rose Bath
- DIY Detoxifying Mustard Bath: Boost Your Immunity, Fight Colds & Flus, & More
Other Articles Related to Boosting Your Immune System & Fighting a Cold You May Be Interested In:
- Warm Your Spirit and Boost Your Immunity With Ginger Tea
- 5 Amazing At-Home Spa Treatments to Boost Your Immunity & Be Healthier
- Top 3 Essential Oils to Disinfect the Air, Boost Immunity, and Treat Colds & the Flu
- Boost Your Immunity with Blueberries and Grapes
- Improving Your Immune System is as Easy as a Walk in the Woods
Copyright © Karen Peltier and Well Gal, 2013-2014. All rights reserved.